Sunday, March 4, 2012

Urban eagles nesting


My favorite eagles have been adding fresh branches to their urban aerie. The branches look cut with human tools during the clearing that's been happening on our trails. I spotted this pair carrying branches from the trail near my house a few months ago after a wind storm. Maybe next month there will be eggs to nurture.Their nest is in a ideal spot protected from winds and predators. It makes it tough for photographers to get a good view of growing babies though.


"Listen! I think I hear a human!"

I'm going to try out some names for this pair, other than mama and papa eagle. Maybe Adonis and Aphrodite or Artemis and Orion. Last year, I called the papa eagle (on the right in this photos) "Spot" because I could see him like a white spot in the trees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment