Thursday, December 30, 2010

December 30-Mountain Morning

Mount Rainier from Tumwater, WA © Kate Lynch

I managed to miss the vanpool this morning because my car door was frozen shut and it took me 15 minutes to de-ice. Lots of frost everywhere. I took that as a sign that I needed to take my camera to work today. I am often rewarded when I pay attention to my intuition. I drove right into this magical mountain moment. I decided I could afford a few minutes detour past the Olympia Airport, where I knew there would be an unobstructed view of Mount Rainier.

Misty Mountain © Kate Lynch
The Mountain put on quite a show for most of the morning. One of my co-workers said she was going to charge admission for all the people who stood at the window near her desk. I photographed this scene from the third floor of my office about 90 minutes after I shot the first image. Visit Mountain Gallery and Visions of Rainier Gallery for some of my favorite images.

No comments:

Post a Comment