Sunday, February 13, 2011

Great Blue Heron

I've decided there just isn't a bad day at the Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge. Clearly lots of people agree with me. Parking was at a premium.

A new mile-long boardwalk across the estuary is now mostly done. It's about a mile walk out to the boardwalk. I got a late start, so I covered about half of the new boardwalk. I'll go back next weekend and do the entire length. The refuge was actually pretty quiet. There were some ducks and Canada geese. I saw one juvenile bald eagle but no other raptors.

There were at least a couple great blue herons and great white egrets fishing close to the boardwalk. As usual, I got about 100 shots. Here are a few favorite herons. I'll post the egret shots later this week.

My online Nisqually gallery is growing slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment