Sunday, February 20, 2011

All-State Choir

I didn't need to think about it when my friend Sandy asked if I would like to join her at the All-State Symphonic Choir concert at Seattle Benaroya Hall. Her grandson Kyle Churman was the only singer from River Ridge High School in Lacey to be selected for this state honor.

I have fond memories of my own all-state experience. Almost exactly 40 years ago, I performed with the New Jersey All-State Choir & Orchestra in two concerts at Newark Symphony Hall and in Camden.

All-state choirs and orchestras are the best-of-the-best in their respective states. The Washington concert was just phenomenal. In addition to the 200-voice all-state choir, the Washington Music Educators Association hosted All-Northwest choirs and orchestras with high school musicians from Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Washington, and Wyoming.

The All-Northwest Choir was 450 voices strong.

In the evening, the instrumental musicians are performing. My thanks to Sandy and Kyle for a fabulous day!

1 comment:

  1. Great performance, great day, great company, great photos!! Many thanks Kate from both Kyle and myself!!

    ReplyDelete