Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Mama eagle's mini me


It's not easy to see what's going on in the nest from 100 yards away. I can see mama clearly but baby blends in with the nest. My camera exposes for baby and the nest, so many of these images appear rough. In film terms, we'd call it "grainy." Not really pixelated but these images look better smaller. In the next image, my camera exposed just for mama, and the result is less grainy.


I'm usually shooting about 7 p.m., which is when I can usually catch more before-bedtime feeding and flying. And maybe a little snuggling with mama, as much as we can say the eagles snuggle. It's hard to imagine that the little guy will be as big as mama in about six weeks. The last two broods have fledged (flown from the next for the first time) in mid-to-late July. I'm not seeing evidence of a second eaglet but I didn't last year until a couple of weeks before first flight.




No comments:

Post a Comment