Sunday, August 22, 2010

August 22-More Ireland

This is another view of Jerpoint Abbey inside. I'm not sure which part of the building. I think it may be the presbytery. I looked at the floorplan that is available through Trinity College-University of Dublin. This is the downside of shooting slides. Other than a travel journal, I don't have a shooting record. I did an image search for Jerpoint but haven't found this view. Most photographers were more interested in the carvings. I was more interested in the interplay of lights and darks in and around the structure. I tend to shoot for contrast, then have to balance it in the darkroom (or, these days, the "lightroom").

I think Kilkenny was my favorite of all Irish cities. It reminded me a little of Princeton, NJ. It's a university town and has buildings that have been continuously in use since medieval times. Oh! And Smithwick's and Kilkenny ales are brewed there at least for the next couple of years (brewery is moving to Dublin). When I was in Ireland, we only found Smithwick's in southern Ireland. The door was either at Rothe House or Kilkenny Castle.

I am gradually adding images from Ireland to my online gallery. Check it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment