Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wildlife at the beach

Great blue heron
Padme the wonderdog and I headed for the coast to escape the 48-plus hours of fireworks that make our town sound like a war zone. We visited our friend Pat in Ocean Shores, which also allows fireworks for three days but only on the ocean beaches. This is the first July 4th weekend that she actually slept (me too!).



The bay side of Ocean Shores is in the flyway of the Grays Harbor Wildlife Refuge. We saw lots of birds...and lots of black-tailed deer. The deer here are even more tame than in DuPont. People who live in Ocean Shores like to feed them like folks in the San Juan Islands. Of course, that means everything they plant has to be encased in wire. I'll post more photos tomorrow. In the meantime, if you haven't visited my Water Wings gallery, I hope you'll take a peak.

Happy dog at the beach

No comments:

Post a Comment