Sunday, November 28, 2010

Winter Hummer

This guy - a wintering Anna's hummingbird - isn't used to me yet. He knows I bring out the food and has seen me several times during the freezing temperatures and snow we had last week. He's more cautious than last winter's visitors. An Anna's that wintered with me in 2008 posed for several photographs. He regularly greeted me as I hung the feeder.

I have a collection of hummingbirds from Washington and Arizona in my Fauna gallery. If you would like to purchase a fine art print, my supplier is offering a 30% off sale through midnight on November 29: Hummer gallery on Imagekind. These are exceptional prints that are archival quality - last 100 or more years. Imagekind framing is also high quality.

We have been experiencing some very interesting sunsets this month. Low dark gray clouds and brilliant gold light. While I was pretending not to photograph my cautious winter hummer, I knocked off a couple of shots of the sky.

This image was the only one that picked up some sort of reflected light. I prefer to think of it as Winter Cloud Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment